Universal Studios

Posted by Jon in HB | 8:03 AM | 1 comments »





I'm on vacation this week and so are the kids. We've been taking some short little day trips. The first of which was to Universal Studios! We had a great time. The kids were a little bored with the back lot tour (my favorite part). But they loved the rest. It was a gloomy overcast Tuesday, which made for short lines. I hadn't been there since I was in high school. They no longer have the E.T. ride or the Back to the Future ride, which were two of my favorites. They've made way for newer shows like the Mummy and the Simpsons. It was a fun time at the park, but Gina hit the nail on the head when she said, "It feels like a big commercial for all their show." After she and Megan saw the Animal Actors show she felt pressured to go out buy a copy of Evan Almighty on DVD. And the Movie Magic show that used to be all about the cool green screen and camera tricks that Hitchcock used in all his old movies, now felt like a big plug for The Mummy and Heros. All that aside we had a great day! As we were leaving Dylan told me, "Dad, after seeing all that stuff I know had to make a movie. Can we go home and make one?" Now we just need a studio deal and about $100 million.

1 comments

  1. Heidi // February 21, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

    This week off is awesome isn't it? Love the pictures - looks like a lot of fun!