I am not a Handy Man!

Posted by Jon in HB | 1:33 PM | 1 comments »


I have never been to the hardware store for a project ONCE! Why is it a simple little thing turns into three trips to the hardware store to figure out you STILL don't have the right piece. We bought a new dishwasher and oven and I decided to install them myself. Well first I decided to pay someone to come out and install it but they were jerking us around with when they could do it and neither Gina nor I had an entire day to open up for their "window" to come out. I thought hey a dishwasher is easy, right? Plug it in, connect a supply line, connect the drain, poof your washing dishes. Did you you know they don't sell dishwashers with electrical cords?!?!? What is that all about? My neighbor helped my remove the old stuff before they delivered the new ones. He said you might want to save the cord. I told him he was crazy, of course the new one would come with a cord. BUT NO, it didn't. Trip number one. buy a cord. Came back wired that on, went to connect the supply line and realized it was a completely different kind the the last one. Trip number two buy a new supply line. Wrong size. Trip number three get correct one. Wrong size again. Now I'm running late for work so I'll have to make Trip number four tomorrow. "Kids, we're eating on parer plates again tonight".

1 comments

  1. Don // February 9, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

    Love the cleavage, Jon! :)

    And thanks for the lesson on dishwasher installs! (I didn't know cords didn't come with 'em either!)