Get Well Soon Daddy.

Posted by Jon in HB | 7:41 PM | 2 comments »

Why does it take being sick to get you children to become angles?
I'm fighting a cold and can hardly talk. I want nothing more than to crawl under a blanket on the couch and watch the Academy Awards in HD on my new 42" LCD 1080P (I'm not bragging, it's just, it's my new toy, and the thing is so cool I had to mention it). And Dylan asks me what he can get for his sick dad. I ask him for a cup of water and he bolts out of the room and brings me a cup of water and a coaster. A few moments later Gina said a cup of tea sounded good. I didn't realize that Dylan was in earshot. I told her that's what I really wanted when he asked, but I didn't want him messing with the tea kettle. So that little guy went in to his bathroom and turned on the hot water and let it run while he got a glass from the kitchen and a tea bag. He then scribbled out a sign that said "Get Well Soon!! Love Dylan", and taped it to the side of the glass after filling it with the tea bag and the hot tap water.

It was the best luke warm tea I ever had.

Why can't that little dink, be that angelic all the time?

The next time he starts arguing with his sister about who gets to push the elevator button, who gets to open the car door, close the car door, hold the dog's leash, wheather or not Joseph's brothers called him "Joe"; the next time he talks back, starts whining like a two year old because he can't get his shoe on, drops his toothbrush, breaks his pencil; next time he starts being a dink...I'm gonna act sick. It might be a cold, the flu, twisted ankle, who knows, but I'm down for the count! If you see me out and about and I look like I'm on death's door, don't worry about me, just remember...I'm a good actor and my son's just being a dink.

2 comments

  1. discomommy // February 24, 2008 at 11:59 PM  

    Ehhhhh Hemmmmm...He neglected to mention that I said a cup of tea sounds good because I am getting sick too. No one gave Mommy any love! Daddy gets all the attention!

  2. Billy and Laurel // February 25, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

    Dylan wins brownie points for being such a marvelous kid. As for Gina...I'm sorry--a sick mom doesn't get any respect. All she gets is whining children and a destroyed house to clean when she "recovers". "Recovers" as in her fever is gone but she can barely raise herself up off the couch.

    Congrats on the marvelous kid.

    Laurel