Something's Gotta Give!

Posted by Jon in HB | 8:31 PM | 3 comments »



Do you remember Circus of the Stars? I don't know if was Jamie Farr or Tom Bosley or one of those other 70s-80s sit-com hacks trying to jump start his has-been career, but one of them spun plates in it. You remember how it works, a bunch of sticks pointing up, a bunch of plates, add some cheesy music and a glitzzy ruffled dickie...Ta-Dah!

Well that's what I feel like with out the music and costume. You see I've been home from work all day taking care of the family. Gina's had a fever between 102-104 all day, and Dylan's been puking in a tupperware bowl all day (bet you'll think twice about eating the salad next time you invite us over for a potluck).

How do they do it? How do mom's take care of everything? EVERYTHING? How do you keep all those plates spinning at once? Just when I got one spinnin' real good the next one starts to wobble, oops there's another wobbler, then CRASH... the first one is on the ground in a million pieces.


So at the end of the day, these are the plates I have in the air: Gina's fever is down and she's asleep, Dylan had a popsicle three hours ago and fell asleep without throwing it up, and Megan got fed and went to bed on time. Plates wobbling: dishes are stacking up, laundry is piling up, and not sure if I gave the dog her meds. Broken plates: personal hygiene and rest.

MOM'S ROCK - DAD'S WISH THEY ROCKED!

3 comments

  1. Don // February 27, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

    I know how you feel. You and I are both privileged to be married to super women who don't call "time out" very often. When they do, we eat their dust!

    Hang in there. GINA, YOU GET WELL, FAST!

    Love you guys!

    Don

  2. VikingMom // February 28, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

    A mom's secret? She lets alot of the usual plates crash and takes care of only the ones that matter the most-her family. When my family is down for the count we use disposable plates/cups/utensils, the unfolded pile of laundry grows to huge proportions and the reptiles go unfed. When all is said and done the massive clean up begins. But that usually doesn't happen until mom gets better!

    Take care of your sweet family...I hope they're on the road to recovery. And yes, I'll be wary of any Tupperware bowl that comes from your house.

  3. discomommy // February 28, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

    I have about 2 minutes of energy left in me. I just wanted to acknowledge what an amazing man my husband has been the past 2 days. Next time I get angry about something stupid, he is to remind me of how wonderful he is when it matters most. I am dizzy, going back to bed.