Target Stinks!

Posted by Jon in HB | 8:00 PM | 9 comments »


I had to run in to Target yesterday and grab a couple of things. It was my lucky day (I thought) because right next to my parking spot someone had left a shopping cart. Megan was really tired so I said she could ride in the cart; which being a big 5-year-old now rarely happens. So we're making our way through the aisles when I smelled it! I thought some little kid near us had soiled their diapers. It was bad. Everywhere we turned there was that smell. It was following us. But there was no child in sight. Megan now noticed and was being as discreet as a 5-year-old can be about the foul odor. I thought surely this would pass. BUT IT DIDN'T! At this point I thought maybe it was us. I checked both of my shoes. Then Megan's. Nothing?!?! I kept asking her if she had gas and she was getting more and more annoyed with me. Then finally the mystery revealed itself. Upon one more examination of our surroundings for the source of this rancidity, I found it! There was poop all over the cart and the seat that I had put Megan in. She was covered. It was if some little kid just crapped themselves, then dumped out the contents of the diaper all over the seat and the mom didn't have the common courtesy to clean it up! So after a trip to the restroom to clean up and put on the entire new outfit I had to buy Megan, we finally could do our shopping. I mean really! The nerve of some people!

9 comments

  1. Jon in HB // May 7, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

    Sometimes, I just make myself giggle!

  2. Kristi // May 7, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

    I could hear your little snicker as you were writing this.

    I too laughed outloud.

  3. Heidi // May 7, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

    Classic.

  4. VikingMom // May 7, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

    You are the man Jon. There is no doubt.

  5. Billy and Laurel // May 9, 2008 at 1:59 AM  

    I think I just threw up in my mouth!
    Your writing was so descriptive I could smell it all the way in Victorville.

  6. discomommy // May 9, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

    People, please don't encourage this behavior! He was literally walking around the house, laughing out loud, saying "I am so funny. I am kust SO funny!". He made me stop my workout to read it! Please, do not tell him he is amusing any more!

  7. VikingMom // May 10, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

    Hey I heard that at the party today that mom showed up with her kid. Then she let her kid do her thing all over the floor.

    Some people!

  8. Kristi // May 10, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

    be careful laurel. next time, i will bring the poop machine over to your house to leave a friendly deposit.

  9. VikingMom // May 10, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

    That's okay...I have my own poop machines. I'll have to admit, my kids have not only left their own traces on carts, but puke in the aisles of Kmart as well. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

    Gross. I know.