Jury Duty Part I

Posted by Jon in HB | 9:13 AM | 0 comments »


It's 9:15am and I've been in the jury assembly room of the Superior Court of California, County of Orange since 7:45. I'm kind of indifferent to the whole process. I'm not wearing my "Rush is Right" t-shirt to try to keep from getting picked. I wouldn't mind serving on a trial, but then I just think of all the hassles of rearranging my work schedule.
We've seen a couple of orientation videos and listened to instructions for the day. Now we're just awaiting court room assignments. There is free wireless internet, so that's a plus! I've been able to check my email and get a little work done on next month's work schedule. It's "Juror Appreciation Week" so they've put out some free snacks for us. So far so good. We'll see if I still feel that way after my Starbucks high wears off.

0 comments