Jury Duty Part II

Posted by Jon in HB | 12:41 PM | 1 comments »


It's lunch break here at the courthouse. I was one of the first forty people to be called to a case. We filed up to the fifth floor and and received instructions from the bailiff outside the courtroom. We entered the room and twenty-one people were randomly selected for voir dire. I was number ten. 'Voir dire' is French for OH MY GOSH THIS IS BORING! The judge asked us all where we and our spouses worked and probed a bit further to those whose career might somehow make them bias to the case. Then the attorneys started with there questions and then we broke for lunch.

My Starbucks has worn off and I have forty-five more minuets to kill before I return to the courtroom. As part of Jury Appreciation Week, they are showing I Am Legend here in the jury assembly room. Well, I better go suck down an iced tea and get ready for round two. Wish me luck.

1 comments

  1. discomommy // May 14, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

    Oh No! Last post at 12:41? It is looking like I am married to a juror. I hope he is being the fair and open minded man I know he can be (when he wants to be!)