Dr. Jones...

Posted by Jon in HB | 7:58 AM | 2 comments »


...ate lunch at my restaurant with his mom yesterday. How cool was that. I was walking through the dining room and right there in a booth, with a cute, little old lady, was Harrison Ford. I found out from another manager that his mother lives in the Senior community near our restaurant and they used to come in every once in awhile a few years ago
This was around 3pm and the place was pretty empty, so there was not a lot of people to bother him. Only one guest walked up to him and asked for an autograph, which he gladly signed. He ordered a Classic Burger and a side of extra pickles. He tipped $10 on a $24 tab. We have a xerox of his signed credit card slip on the wall in our office now. He was very nice and low keyed. I sent a text most everyone in my phone. Curtis and I then began to text back and forth different things I should say, such as...

"Would the owner of the white Cadillac please come to the front desk, your light saber is on."

"Would the owner of a Mellinium Falcon please come to the front, you left the lights on."

"Hey, we don't serve rebel scum here!"

"Sir, did you know that it is against California law to leave your Wookie unattended in the car."

2 comments

  1. VikingMom // April 15, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

    Wow. Now I know two people to have walked amongst the greatness that is Harrison Ford: The great Billy Baker and now His Emminence Jon Michell.

  2. Kurt // April 15, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

    that's so cool!