The Block is Broken

Posted by Jon in HB | 8:32 AM | 3 comments »

So, staying true to my word, I will now blog about all the topics that were suggested.

Kristi:

I have a great friend. You would really like her. She is funny, charming, smart and really caring. She is very organized. She always is on top of everything and has a memory like an elephant. She is the greatest mom. She’s always getting them to and from all there activities on time. She knows what they need had has it ready before they even ask…wait, I’m sorry…this was supposed to be about Kristi. Let me come back to her later. I started thinking about somebody else there in the middle.

Heidi:

Ok, here it goes…
1. With two kids I rarely go to the movies. Last two I saw were Indiana Jones 4 (already reviewed that) and Prince Caspian. I took Dylan to see it. We read the book together. It was pretty good, we liked it; but so hard to fit that huge story into two hours. Saw National Treasure 2 last night. Good wholesome movie! Action packed, no four letter words, or sex. Great family fun!
2. Last year while demo-ing our guest bath, some tiles on the wall of the master bath fell off the wall and the hole is patched right now with some black duct tape. Also, when I was a kid I helped my dad by holding the flashlight while he attempted to relight the furnace. We both were missing eyebrows for weeks because of the fireball.
3. My refrigerator rarely has rotten food in it. Working in the food industry, I’m am very aware of the status of food and it’s shelf life. Although about a month ago I took everything out of the fridge for a deep cleaning and I found a slice of pizza in aluminum foil that had fallen behind a drawer. The kids didn’t know that green fur was a pizza topping.
4. I don’t have a clue what I will be for Halloween next year. I don’t usually dress for it. I just polled the kids and Dylan wants to be a ghost and Megan wants to be Ariel.
5. Costco…
1. Hate new hours, I wish they still opened at 9am
2. Love all the cookbooks they sell
3. Love everything in bulk
4. Hate the lines to check out
5. Hate looking for parking
6. Love the samples
7. Love the little old sample ladies
8. Love the meat & seafood selections
9. Love all things Kirkland
10. Love the fact that we have enough toilet paper in the garage to survive a nuclear winter

6. People don’t realize that their bad driving has a huge effect on our society as a whole. (is that ok?)
7. I haven’t seen that Jerry Springer yet, sorry!
8. I am not a basketball fan in the least. Last time I was following basketball, was in the eighties when Larry Bird and Kareem were playing. My dad was from Indiana and went to MIT, which meant we had to cheer the Celtics. Plus, I love their parkay flooring.
9. I’m not so much concerned with the whole sunscreen in the kids eye thing. I would rather know why can’t science come up with something that you don’t have to reapply every 45 min. Why can’t I lube up before 18 holes and not have to worry about it again? I always have a burnt neck after a day of golf. And that smell! Why do they have to scent everything? Why can’t it be odorless?
10. I hate putting tuperware away. I don’t mind doing the dishes or unloading the dishwasher. But every piece of tuperware looks the same to me and the cabinet they go in is a pit! Nothing stacks right and the lids are never there. Everything ends up falling on the floor, I hate it!
11. I enjoy horror B-movie titles…
1. I Dismember Mama
2. Geek Maggot Bingo
3. Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
4. Rabid Grannies
5. The Brain that Wouldn’t Die
6. Thou Shall Not Kill…Except

As for Kristi and Heidi’s squablings…and to answer Laurel’s idea of a solution that would lead to world peace, I have this to say…Remember ladies, this is MY blog. It’s all about me. Please air your rantings toward each other somewhere else. Please focus on me!

Connie:
This might tear your heart out. My shyness around women all goes back to Freshman year of High School. It was the time when everyone was making plans for the big Winter Semi-Formal dance. I was so nervous to ask someone out. I finally got up the nerve to call Jill Bade, mostly because she was one of the few girls that was shorter than me. The conversation went something like this…

Jon: Hi, Jill?

Jill: Yes, this is Jill. Who’s this?

Jon: Jon Michell.

Jill: Oh, hi Jon. What’s up?

Jon: Well, I was wondering if you’d like to go to the semi formal with me?

Jill: (uncontrallble laughing) No, really what do you want? (More laughing)

Jon: click


Gina:
My wife is awesome! She loves her kids and her man everyday! She is strong minded and says what she thinks. She makes me laugh. She takes care of me. She makes me smile. And she didn’t laugh when I asked her out!

3 comments

  1. Heidi // June 15, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

    Nicely said Jon, nicely said.

  2. VikingMom // June 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

    Good job Jon. You have now officially revived your blog and brought it back from cyber death. Now stop stealing topics from other people and write on your own subject! :)

  3. Heidi // June 15, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

    I second that Laurel. I'm afraid that now I have nothing to write about since I gave all my ideas to Jon.